J36 TTS Decoder and Railmaster

I have just purchased two J36 TTS decoders (R7239) and have fitted one to a Class B16/3 (R3235). After setting up in Railmaster the engine just runs at full speed, however all the sounds which I inputted manually work just fine.. 

On checking the docs that came with the decoder there was no mention of CVs 2,5 and 6 but I noticed that they were listed as "not used" in the decoder read and they cannot be written to.

I also noticed that there is mention of Motor Control Algorithms on CV150 and I have set these to the default values provided in the docs but this does not appear to have any effect.

Is there any way of slowing the loco down so that it becomes manageable?

Many thanks for any assistance provided.

Keith 

Change CV29 to disable DC running. Right click (or is it double click) on CV29 in RM and use the tick box to select your choices, then write this new value to the decoder.

As you say those other CVs are not adjustable.

CV150 set at value 0 should be OK for smooth running but if not try value 1. If either of those is better then you can fine tune with the associated 152/3 or 153/4 CVs.

@RAF96

Sorry to have taken so long to reply but as a new member I can only have 2 posts in 24 hours.

Unfortunately still no luck. I think that the E-Link does not recognise the decoder properly and accordingly only allows either stop or full speed. It does not seem to take any notice of the CV 150 algorithms.

I'm going to try agian using my Ecos controller to see if that makes any difference.

Once again many thanks for your suggestion.

Keith

It is fairly well known that although all things DCC are equal as they are made to accord with NMRA rules often one make will not play well with another make. In this respect you may find that a loco addressed by one controller will not react to control by another controller.

I suggest if you are trying it on the ECoS you program it on there to a new address.

You could try writing value 8 to CV8 in RM also. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get the programming to ‘stick’.

I don’t know if this is the same situation as I had with a J36 TTS where the speed slider became corrupt and I had to delete and re-enter the loco in railmaster to get it working. The sounds I inputted worked however it was either no speed or full speed. Have a quick look at my post to see if this might be a possibility in your railmaster in your case.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/adjustment-of-maximum-speed-in-the-speed-slider/?p=1

@ TrainDriverJohn

I have just had a look at the post you linked and after having adjusted the speed factor as suggest everything is now a expected.

Many thanks for this as I was tearing my hair out (what little remains) and I would never have thought to look there for the solution.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Keith