How do I reprogram a car?

K.

Hi I'm new to this hobby not sure where to post this.  I purchased an ARC Pro set forr my grandsons and was trying to set up the set.  Got the basic setup running then tried to program a pace car.  Was successful to a point now I am unable to get the cars to run with the hand controller.  Tried following the intial setup but it doesen't reset.  Is there a way to reset the the cars, the power pack , the hand control?

Thks 

Hi K - welcome to the forum!

ARC Pro can seem a little complex, especially to begin with. If I hit a problem, I like to look at it like this...

1) If I run without the app (app closed on my smart device and the red light on the powerbase blinking) and the problem disappears, I have a software issue to problem-solve.

2) If I run without the app and I still have the problem, I probably have a hardware issue - either car, digital chip, controller, track or powerbase. Trying with different cars, controllers etc, usually narrows down exactly what the issue is.

In this case, I suspect the solution is in the software (ie the ARC app). You said the basic race set-up was running okay, until you added a pace car?

Pace Car mode is slightly different from the other race modes. The Driver-operated car needs to use the car connected to Red on the powerbase and the Red controller. The Pace car is any car you place on the track to Calibrate its racing speed (using the + and - symbols in the app screen).

If you are running the iOS (Apple) version of the app, please note that there is a bug with the latest update that prevents the Calibration process from progressing. You will need to use the App Race Control (Legacy) app from the App Store. If you are using the Android or Amazon Fire versions of the app, it should all work fine!

I don't know if that solves your problem? Good housekeeping is to close the app while the powerbase is still on and then unplug the powerbase. Then 'hard-close' the app so it relaunches the next time your open it. That can clear some glitches. And always turn on the powerbase before you launch the app. It is also a great idea to keep the ARC Pro Quick Start Guide handy - it is very useful information for the hardware side of things.

My suggestion for any ARC Pro user is to start with the basic race modes (Grand Prix and Endurance) and understand the app. I am writing a hands-on guide to racing with the ARC app which was previewed on the Scalextric Advent Calendar: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/btcc-race-scalextric-arc

The rest of the guide is at SlotRacer Online - Pace Car mode will follow soon (when the iOS app is fixed): slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide

I hope that helps and you are up and running soon. Merry Christmas!

Thks for the info.  I did as you suggested and ran the cars without the app then I removed the app from my phone and re-installed all is working.  The grandsosns will love it when they arrive from out west.

• 11 months later...

Thks for the info.  I did as you suggested and ran the cars without the app then I removed the app from my phone and re-installed all is working.  The grandsosns will love it when they arrive from out west.

Hi, I am having an issue with my controller car set up. 

One controller seems to be controlling both cars. I am unable to reset this. It was working before with and without the app. Even with the arc app disconnected, still both cars are controlled with one controller.

I have 2 cars only. When i turn on the powerbase both lights appear for id green and red. The red controller is controlling both cars, the green controller is not doing anything. Both controllers have a solid red light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hitz

Hi, I am having an issue with my controller car set up. 

One controller seems to be controlling both cars. I am unable to reset this. It was working before with and without the app. Even with the arc app disconnected, still both cars are controlled with one controller.

I have 2 cars only. When i turn on the powerbase both lights appear for id green and red. The red controller is controlling both cars, the green controller is not doing anything. Both controllers have a solid red light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hitz

Sounds like you need to know how to program a car for a given controller. Here we will use the green controller. 

1. Put one of the cars you want to be controlled by the green controller on the track. Make sure the other car is not on the track.

2. have the green controller turned on so the red light is on and the light on the power base is on for the green controller

3. on the power base press the green button two times. count at a normal and casual speaking speed  "one", "two" to help you get the timing for how you press the green button twice.

4. After the light on the powerbase for the green controller starts blinking simply press the throttle on the green controller. That should program the car on the track to respond to the green controller.