The Harry Potter OO Trainset

Railtwister

i have recently seen the new Harry Potter trainset advertised in the USA as being a Rivarossi item, rather than Hornby, though it seems to have the same item number (1234) as the one advertised in the UK as being from Hornby. Is it really the same item, a mistake, or what? Rivarossi has had a marketing presence in the USA since the late 1950’s (I remember them from my childhood), first through distributors AHM, then IHC, and finally through Model Expo, while Hornby items were very rarely seen in shops here in the USA. Of course, it really seems unimportant, since everything nowadays is actually made in China...

Bill in FtL

Rivarossi is Hornby Hobbies' HO brand and I believe HO favours OO in the USA. I do not see why either will contain different, particulally if both have the same product numbers. I am guessing the models will still be OO, but boxed as HO. I can't see why Hornby would rescale for only a slight difference.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) 

I had noticed that all the Hornby range including the Harry Potter Train Set was reduced in price from £199 to £99 and all the Corgi Harry Potter Range was half price on the Hawkins Bazzar website.When i went to the Toy Shop there wasnt any Hornby range in stock .I asked the sales assitant what had happened and he said they were told to box all the range up and send it back to their warehouse.I wonder why this was Did Hornby get miffed that they were selling things cheaper then them, if they did i am appalled that they would do this.