Very weird happening

RDS

YES!!!  😉 😆 They are coming to get you!!!

/media/tinymce_upload/41ff5f73a88c2c01941601fae2438cb5.jpgCan I play with your Train set while you sleep??? Toooooo late I already have!!!

Or perhaps the Loco still had the Program commands in the chip since you hadn't turn off the E-Link!!!

This should be in the railmaster forum, but each time that I selected that I got flicked back to the home page.

Yesterday I had one loco running on the layout.

When I'd finished I stopped the loco, closed railmaster and shut down the laptop.

I neglected to turn off e-link.

This morning I noticed that the loco that I had been running yesterday was against some papers that I had left on the track.

When I moved the papers the loco started moving and continued moving around the track.

Since I hadn't yet turned on the laptop or railmaster I had no means of stopping it.

When I turned on the laptop and railmaster the loco stopped without me doing anything else.

Everything is now behaving as normal.

Have I been visited by ALIENS as I slept???

@atom3624

It would need to be a super duper capacitor because the loco was running for about 20 metres before I stopped it by turning on railmaster.

@St1ngr4y

The loco was definitely stopped before I left the room and when it started it went at cruising speed which is what it had been doing during the previous day.

My controllers are currently (sorry) powered up all the time the PC is on and I have have had random uncommanded loco activity. The wise thing is to power down your controllers if the train room is to be left unattended.

The new layout will have such a regime.

@RAF96

My usual regime is to turn everything off before leaving the room.

This is the first time I've left anything switched on.

It looks to me that the e-link has some residual memory, although the last memory it would have had is of the loco being in a stopped position not cruising.

Note to self - turn off everything before leaving the room.

@NormanQ4

"It looks to me that the e-link has some residual memory, although the last memory it would have had is of the loco being in a stopped position not cruising."

DCC doesn't work like that. It is the loco which remembers the last command sent to it and if that command was Speed 5 Forward, it will continue to obey that command as long as the 15v AC is in the track. There are times when certain commands don't reach the eLink from Railmaster, so if one such command was the final Loco Stop command of the Railmaster session, then the eLink and the loco could still be obeying the last but one command from Railmaster.

Ray