Handheld connection

I downloaded app, got it working (eventually) and decided to upgrade to full version. Received code and installed, got confirmation that all was ok, then___nothing! no connection just blank screen on tablet. Have I wasted my time?

I persevered with the handheld app and have never really got it working even after its latest revamp and eventually gave up. I suggest you instead try Teamviewer to mirror your PC/laptop screen to your tablet. Its industry strength software (and free) as opposed to the half baked solution from Hornby. It also allow me to use all the programs attached to buttons as well as the other graphics (see pic) the app does not bring across on its trackplan.

/media/tinymce_upload/2449f4e3ead7a44232ca66300eca80b8.jpg which 

Gilly,

The absence of any meaningful replies to your question is an indicator that the majority of RailMaster users have 'given up' trying to get the 'handheld' APP working reliably. HRMS (the RailMaster SW developer) did put a lot of effort into the 1.70 & subsequently version 1.72 RailMaster release to get the HH working more reliably.

Are you using RailMaster version 1.72 ?

In the main, the other RailMaster users who have given up using the Hornby HH APP have implemented a 'Team Viewer' third party application solution instead, and those who have done this have reported great success. T.V is a 'free download' for personal use.

As I understand it, T.V works on a Windows PC (RailMaster PC end) and on Android / Apple IOS?? devices as well. In principle T.V is installed on both the RailMaster PC and the HH device. T.V then allows the HH device to see and control whatever is displayed on the RailMaster PC screen.

In essence, T.V on the HH acts as a remote TCP/IP (WAN, Lan & Wi-fi) enabled software touchscreen, keyboard and mouse to the main RailMaster PC. Being TCP/IP enabled and not Bluetooth then I would assume that the HH device could not be a Bluetooth only device and need to have TCP/IP Wi-fi capability. Whether T.V could be able to work on a Bluetooth enabled laptop running RailMaster I do not know as I have never used it myself.

Note: I appreciate your Samsung Tab is TCP/IP Wi-fi enabled. My Bluetooth comments are for the benefit of others who might be reading this thread in the future and have different HH devices.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/