Hornby Flexi Track - R8090.

Puffed Out

I do it slightly differently .

I do not remove the 2 sleepers. I remove the chairs from the last sleeper whilst it is still attached to the sleeper moulding and slide the fishplate over the sleeper, from both track sections. Once joined the sleepers can be jiggled until the spacing looks regular.  It is done by using a sharp blade in a Stanley knife slid between the rail and top of sleeper.

Rail on curved flexi track will need to be evened up by cutting off the surplus on one side.

I would imagine 90% of us have used flexi. Once it is joined you remove the chairs from the previously removed sleepers and slide them back under the rails, obvious really. 

I'm one of the 10% that haven't used it, so it's not obvious to me.  That's why I'm asking.

Never seen it at all.  It was gift.

Note also that there are two versions of the Xuron. The common one cuts rail 'top to bottom' and is best used for laying new track. The other Xuron cuts from 'side to side' and is designed for cutting track rail that is already laid in-situ. And as WTD says, there are two sides to the Xuron. The facing side cuts the rail with a perfect clean parallel crisp edged cut. The back side of the same Xuron cut leaves a cut rail that is distorted and crushed. Thus, as WTD Says, the Xuron has to be used the correct way round.