Can you identify this model brewery?

Brittania Hunter

I'm getting back into my 00 model railway after donkeys away...so I have salvaged much of the stock and models from a couple of decades ago when I was into it with my (then) young son. Among my card models is the "Marsh Side Brewery" - see pics - and I can't recall who the manufacturer was. Metcalfe's card kit brewery looks different with a high-level walkway bridge and Superquick don't seem to do one. The reason I ask is I'd like a guide on the "geography" of such a brewery ...where the building are ideally best placed. Any help from the forum would be great. Thanks in advance./media/tinymce_upload/3d6d01e8763e8e3c60b4e906a11b66d7.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/10d721176b20eb792b74f80cc448e59b.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/e180d2d814d6e210c6407cbc2e640f28.jpg

Thanks to walkingthedog and atom3624 for the replies... to respond, no it was not scratchbuilt and, secondly, I plead guilty to perhaps not having assembled the kit very well  😳. It was a kit and I'm responsible for how it looks (although it has been stuck in a box since 2002). I just can't remember who the maker/manufacturer was. If I traced that, it would be perhaps easier to see in what order/design the brewery buidings should be placed on its site. If anyone has ideas on the manufacturer or, indeed, the geography of an old brewery, please advise!! Thanks again guys for the swift replies.

No, not a magazine freebie, but Hornby Magazine did have free kits. Mainly Scalescenes kits printed in the magazine.

This brewery is an early Metcalfe kit.

This example is in a museum collection!

/media/tinymce_upload/93ece57fc9c6d9957ca57b84c578f885.jpg

http://m.vam.ac.uk/collections/item/O134986/brewery-buildings-model-metcalfe-models-toys/

Paper model depicting Brewery Buildings, made in England by Metcalfe in 1996

I found it in the end! 😀

There are a few of the original 1990s cut out kits on this site...

No problem.

I like research...

And I was curious too.

It's not that well known, about early Metcalfe kits, that were not pre cut.

There were some good models, not duplicated in the pre cut series of more recent kits.

There are a few in the V&A museum collection...

Maybe there will be some re runs when Metcalfe celebrate a "birthday" anniversary? 😉