Manual line-side point control

keithp1707821843

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone has created a line side manual points control?

By that I mean a single point switch, operated by hand. The hornby points do have the slider which could be fixed to some sort of lever, but I just can't seem to find one, so looks like it might be a home built project - hence the question.

Keith

H keihtp

Another possibility is Caboose Industries HO scale ground throws these are quite reliable on Peco points.

So I would think they will work on Hornby ones.

They look quite reasonable and are well made, but they may not have the same realism on a UK layout that they would on a US or Australian layout.

If you get the right one it can indicate which way the point is set and or be used in an electrical cct to operate a track cct or signal of some sort all depending on which one you get.

regards John

Here are a few examples of point levers on the real railway.

A weighted throw over lever (NER design)

/media/tinymce_upload/0a3e1faa9f4e95fc8c1a31ed0bbf48a3.JPG

A three lever ground frame

/media/tinymce_upload/6d66a23a13f59024e9019dd6a75632a3.JPG

Upright spring loaded either side lever

/media/tinymce_upload/95244e606d3b240386ee01484538925c.JPG

That is exactly what I am after. As this is my first layout it only has two points, I did not envisage creating electrical points or any form of hidden wires. However as it is also used as a puzzle layout, I would like something to operate the points instead of flicking the lever on the track. Something more life like, even though I would use a finger.

That last photo would be perfect if something existed.