Contacting HRMS for PRO key issues

Guest Chrissaf

Not the first time this has happened. These previous two (of many) threads might offer a pointer.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-pro-activation-code/

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-propack-reactivation-on-rebuilt-pc-issue/

Raising your issue here has no guarantee that HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) will see it. Even if they did see this thread, they have no idea who you are (other than your forum name). They do not have access to your RM key code or the email address you used to make the key purchase request. And you posting that information here in this thread is not allowed.

Can anybody get the people at RailMaster to send me the pro update.....

No one else on this forum has any powers to expedite matters. We are just members of the public outside the Hornby company, the same as you.

Hornby seem to wash their hands of it as soon as you mention RailMaster.

That is because RailMaster & RailMasterPro is totally outsourced to a completely different company to Hornby Hobbies for all aspects of 'sale' and 'support'.

You say no responses to mails.......what mail address have you been using "customerservices.uk@hornby.com" is no good at all to report RailMaster 'activation key' issues.....you have to ideally use the inbuilt reporting function from within RailMaster itself....resorting as a last resort to using "support@rail-master.com". The support is provided by a very small organisation with very few if any staff, they do not publish a telephone number and only accept queries via email (or via the inbuilt RailMaster application help system).

In general as a 'rule of thumb' in my personal experience HRMS are very quick to respond. If they don't, there is usually a reason for it. Either the correct contact process has not been used, or insufficient information provided by the user or more often than not their reply has been bounced back by ISP mail servers. For some reason, this seems to be reported more often that one would expect. At least one of the links I have provided mention this as the reason for lost mails.

Can anybody get the people at railmaster to send me the pro update that I have paid for and not received. They haven't replied to any emails. Hornby seem to wash their hands of it as soon as you mention railmaster.

In hope!!!!!!

Hi Chrissaf

Thanks for your response to this infuriating situation. I have used the support@rail-master.com email address without any reply.

As a total lack of accessibility to the company producing this "out sourced" product is quite ridiculous as they have a clear historical problem with email only communication. At the very least I would expect a geographical telephone number, but it would seem they don't want to be customer focused.

Rant over... I haven't even received the payment receipt from them and my email is one from Google and therefore should not bounce.

Do you know of anyone at Hornby who liases with railmaster, as I presume they do actually talk to each other as Hornby plaster their name all over this product.

Thanks

Mark

Do you know of anyone at Hornby who liases with railmaster......

Well it used to be 'Mark Lodge' but I believe he has moved to a different role within Hornby. You could ask the call agent to put you through to his replacement.

Mark is now in accounts. Anyone in small  customer services team can/ will help 01843/2332/525. HRMS, are, and have always been, only contactable by email. I have never found them difficult to contact. They are a small, dedicated team, who provide constant support, day in, day out, even during national holidays.  If they are not answering, it can only be because your email, has not been received.  You will not find anyone on here to support your suggestion, that they are not customer focused, quite the opposite, is actually, the case.

Just for clarity for Mark and others.

There is much evidence to indicate that HRMS do monitor the RailMaster section of the forum. But this can not be assumed to be a regular occurrence**, however they do occasionally respond directly in the forum thread. Tim@hornby monitors the 'International Brands' forum section.

Note** which is why I used the phrase below in my first reply.

.....has no guarantee that HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) will see it....

But so far, there is no evidence that shows any other forum section is monitored by any Hornby personnel. So it is always best to direct 'Sales & Order' type issues directly to 'Hornby Customer Services' in the first instance.

It might be worth starting a thread that lists known email domains that work and those that don't. My ntlworld.com  ☹️ couldn't be used for communications with HRMS either direct from Railmaster or via email. I now use my hotmail.co.uk 😎 address without any problems.

Hence why it is sensible to use the RM inbuilt contact system, which will result in an auto-ack from HRMS if your cry for help got through.

Having a list of ‘this works’ is almost as useful as ‘this doesn’t work’ for the average Joe.