Odd Livery On A Triang Blue Pullman.

Ravenhook

Hi, I have an elderly Triang Blue Pullman which works just fine, the only thing about it is that it has a plain grey roof, yellow nose and blue bodywork..I thought that the only models with the grey roof were the yellow nosed white bodies?..I picked it up a few years ago in an auction bundle box for a few well spent pounds. Can anyone shed some light on this odd colour arrangement please.

Thank you.

It is dark grey and not a repaint, Tri-ang man has a centre coach with the same roof, so they are around but not common so I am wondering if it could be an Australian version.

I will try and put some pictures up of it over the weekend..in between the small whirlwind that is my visiting Granddaughter!..lol.

Don't forget that photos are approved by Hornby, not by moderators, during normal UK weekday office hours. So any photo posted over the weekend is unlikely to appear until next week.

Hiya Ravenhook

Do you mean something like this...(this is my one!!!)

/media/tinymce_upload/107a4fd3317ff00e5854c1751817af6d.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/afda5eb9df963d5f9a5631e3bcf22654.JPG

I've done it like this so you can see both ends at 2 different slightly differant angles!!! I pick these up last December 2019 in C'field Market on Thursday (Thurdsay Market Day is a good day to look for old Model Railway bits 'n' pieces!!!)

In thier final years, the sets operated as 3 makeshift sets formed from various cars to maintain a working service. The distinctive blue & white livery which heralded the later B. R. corporatw blue livery, was 'modernised' towards the end of the sixties to far less distinctive white & grey with yellow ends!!!

Sorry guys, I should have posted pictures before..I thought it would be an easy issue but not so..Tri-ang man reports that this variation isn't even listed in Pat Hammonds books..very strange.

Here are some pics, qualities not too good as I'm rushing this morning.

/media/tinymce_upload/69498f15f726ad8cbc0257c56da0ccdd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/34f78a518a7a514ee1b417d183043d98.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/e5a799f3a56e4f0db15a3b4a7c56d5a0.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/5f1b37209af8b4fe7a5b072439ed6342.jpg

First two had the flash on and make it look silver and the last two are with the flash off. It was a model that I had put into the to do box as it needs cleaning up, chipped paint and the front has been weathered and is dirty.

As I remember...

Original Blue Pullman with Blue front.

Later with added yellow front.

Then grey and blue, yellow front, and retooled windows, no longer flush glazed.

Finally fictional (?) grey and blue with a Pullman style crest in the centre of the bodyside...

Not so sure about roofs, except that they started silver, and became grey at some point...