West Coast Highlander

philo1

Hiya & Welcome to the Hornby forum Phil - As to regards to 'the Paperwork' all you get is the Track Mat :-

/media/tinymce_upload/5fbb1495a76263ef7eddd2a05f83df1c.JPG

The Owner's manual - All it tells you about is Baseboard Construction, Running a Train, Points, Uncoupling Ramps, Controlling the speed of the Train, Caring for your Set, Service Warranty, Operation & Maintenance, Fault Finding, Spare Parts & Service, Safety Notes & Connecting the Power!!!

& as for the Operating & Maintenance Instructions...

/media/tinymce_upload/046416a361844ebea2a203389f0fc03e.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/bc3c180beb5a5568360089876e73cc22.jpg

& that is ALL of the 'Paperwork' that you get with it - hope that this helps!!!  😀

Aslo a few yrs ago I made a review of the same set 

& if you go to 2:40 then you can see me showing you the paper work!!!

....was starting to think that I wasn't going to get a reply!!!

JJ,

Expecting a 'thank you' shouldn't be your reason for posting a helpful reply. Your motivation (which I'm sure it is) should only be to help others. One should not 'expect to get' or 'request' a 'thank you'. Which is why I removed your "Where's my thank you?" post you previously left in this thread.

Obviously not in this particular case, but many first time question askers are 'one post wonders'. They post their questions, accept their answers without comment and disappear until their next issue arises. You will need to get used to that type of behaviour and accept it for what it is. If you get a 'thank you'.....fair enough.....but don't ask for one.......it is not forum etiquette.

Many times a poster asks a question, but doesn't come back to see the replies because they have resolved their own issue or got the answer they require from somewhere else (perhaps a Google search). Some answers take serious amounts of effort to formulate the reply and "yes" this is wasted effort if the original poster never sees it.......but this is something the 'contributors' on this forum have to accept 'as an unfortunate fact of life' without quibble or comment.

A General comment.

There are most of these "Locomotive Operation and Maintenance Sheets" (Hornby Locomotive Maintenance Sheets) available for recent products on the Help and Advice section of this website, in fact this one is the very first. Hornby 0-4-0  General HP Motor. 

We should be directing people to look for these.

I agree LC.

Just point the way to where the info is, not fetch it for them. Too many folk ask questions without simply looking for an answer, e.g. they claim to have looked on the internet but can’t find XXX. I do a simple search which brings up dozens of hits about XXX.