Virgin Pendolino. Chassis.

Puffed Out

Just arrived on my doorstep this afternoon, not without it's problems, like a broken chassis, cracked cab screen, broken corridor connection.

It runs ok, but it needs a new, or 2nd hand, chassis.  About as rare as hens teeth from what I've seen and looked for.

I also purchased a new body shell, very very cheaply.

Has anyone come across a chassis for sale, or know where I can find one.

Did you know about any of these issues, when you purchased it, Puffed Out? If I had known about these faults, I don't think I would purchased it. If I didn't know about the faults, I think I would send it back for a refund.

Also, I assume you purchased the Pendolino on eBay? For most items, I message the seller, just to clarify the condition before I bid / purchase. Looking at the pictures (Which sometmes faults are not visible or are missed), or reading the description does gaurantee the model to be fault-free.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Yes, bought it with the full knowledge of what was wrong. Showed all what was wrong in the photo's, and I asked the seller.

Condition reflected in the cost of the purchase.. 

The new body shell has resolved all the other issues, apart from the chassis of course.

Ok, thank you for the addtional information. I aksed, as you did not make it clear if you knew about the issues or not.  😉  😀

I hope are able to find a decent chassis. I think you will have job finding one those. You might have to buy a donor a car, to the get chassis piece.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

The coupling connection on one is broken, so won't be pulling anything.

The other with it faults would possibly be the one to buy. £40 plus change, all in.  It has damage to the skirt, one side, and rough edges and glue on the other.

I would guess that all the parts that come with the chassis's are worth more, than the actual chassis's.

I'll be patient and wait, and see how my 'fix' goes.  I'll still be looking out for a replacement, and keeping a 'watch'.