DCC Programing [Function buttons in RailMaster]

Guest Chrissaf

Try deleting the two locos from your roster, then add each back using the correct loco from the RM list.  That should re-populate all of the functions correctly. 

You haven't told us the R numbers of the two locos, so I have to make assumptions that fit in with your issue description.

My assumption is that these two locos, although Hornby do not have either a XS, T or TTS suffix to their R numbers. In which case they did not leave the Hornby factory with a 'sound' decoder factory fitted and that your 'sound' decoder is an 'after-market' fit, either by you or the seller.

Now if that is the case.

When you call up the Hornby R number to add your Hornby loco to your RailMaster rosta. Then RailMaster will not populate any sound function button labels, this is perfectly normal as the loco in the RailMaster database for that specific R number does not know that you have a 'sound' decoder fitted or indeed what brand of 'sound decoder' might be fitted, as each 'sound decoder' supplier may map different sounds to different function buttons.

The other thing you haven't told us is whether these two locos have TTS sound decoders or another brand.

If it is an after-market fitted TTS decoder, then when you add a loco to your RailMaster rosta. You search for the R number of the TTS decoder and not the R number of the loco. Searching for the TTS R number tells RailMaster what TTS decoder is fitted and then populates the RailMaster function button labels saved in the database for that specific TTS decoder.

If it is a non TTS after-market fitted sound decoder. Then there will not be any entry in the database for that specific decoder. In which case you just manually write your own Function button labels appropriate for the decoder.

This manual Function button label writing 'How To' is covered in part of this previous thread.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized-23469/

I have just had 2 Hornby Locomotives (with Sound) repaired through local hobby shop. I ran them through the programme track etc. but when I finished and exited out of the Loco list saving as I went. The sounds don't show on the selected Loco (eLink) and it doesn't work I have tried a few times same result, under our NZ lockdown I can't contact the shop. Am i doing something wrong??? I have about 20 DCC locos no problems with them ( Hornby TTS etc).

Now we are getting somewhere as the story unfolds.

Maybe we need a tick box proforma for folk to fill in as they submit a post, telling us everything they know rather than the vague details we generally get. 

Before anyone jump in with the knives this is not a dig at this OP or anyone else in particular, just referring to the general standard of vague question we usually get e.g. my car won’t start, should I take it to a Ford garage. Answer - not if its a Vauxhall and if it won’t start please advise how you intend to get it there.

Hi again from NZ got my Duke of Glouchester up and running by deleting the loco and closing railmaster restarting, loading Locomotive and setting up on programe track all OK now thanks. However the Hornby Clun Castle (Get used in a job lot) has a LokSound $ decoder so set the CV's to default but have only about 6 sounds and throttle control is eitherr off or on still working on it? Thanks for all suggestions will let you know what happens