Layout planning

I thnk there is a finite limit on layout size but from memory it is very large, much larger than you can see on screen which is why there is built into programs a command to zoom to a particular part of the screen to show that expanded area.

Have another read of the famous manual to see if what I say is correct.

I had that problem, so bought a large monitor, which plugs into laptop. Have mounted it at eye level anbd covered laptop screen with piece of plywood with list of all locos and their call up numbers. Works fine and accepts full layout.

Is it possible to get multiple 'Windows' up on a screen.

If you mean multiple views of the track plan, each in its own Windows 'window'. That you then select as required.

Then the answer is NO.

Also, if you create four different track plans (four separate sections of the overall plan) and give each track plan a unique file name. Then neither can you switch between them on the fly. RailMaster can only load one track plan at a time at 'start up' and this plan has to be specifically named in the 'System Settings' screen.

But you could use two monitors! I think this was discussed in a thread many years ago because I mentioned that I had two monitors [two separate connections via a graphics card, not a splitter cable] and I stretch the RM display across the two monitors and resize to show the loco controls on the second monitor with the layout filling the other monitor. There is no reason you could not display your layout across two side by side monitors.

Have a look at Page 109 of the RailMaster 1.72 Manual. The 'Plan' configurable floating button(s), may offer a 'workaround' for what you want to achieve.

/media/tinymce_upload/e7942d680b657e8ec057e88f4cf61e8c.jpg