Operating DCC points

Am I correct in assuming that I  need a points decoder to operate Gaugemaster GMP-20D digital points with RailMaster/Elite?

The product code is GMC-PM20D not GMP-20D ... took me some time to track down the correct product on the GM website.

You do not need an additional DCC Accessory Decoder in addition to the GMC-PM20D product. The GMC-PM20D product as supplied includes its own 'DCC Decoder' as part of the product. The included decoder also happens to be a 'Self Learning' decoder which means that it should integrate flawlessly with RailMaster/Elite will minimal configuration.

The decoder is of an open PCB style design that has two pre-drilled mounting holes. Thus the decoder is mounted under the base-board fairly close to the point location [within the length of the included 3 way cable harness].

PM20D Decoder ... note the self learning 'Run / Set' switch in the bottom right hand corner.

/media/tinymce_upload/91f586e2e109ad4beae249c0376ba48e.jpg

The actual operating mechanism of the PM20D is 'surface mounted' so in my personal view rather unsightly.

Gaugemaster also do the PM10D which is a classic under-board mounted point motor. This PM10D also has the same 'self learning' DCC Decoder as used by the PM20D, but this time pre-mounted directly to the motor. The PM10D is also CHEAPER than the PM20D.

Gaugemaster PM10D

/media/tinymce_upload/fe0bd08a880a3498765c4eb0ad0ea802.jpg