HST TTS Power car not stopping

Model_geek

My problem that I'm struggling to resolve is with the TTS sound chips for the HST. I have the R2376 Midland Mainline set and have added these chips. Now, I understand that to get the best, each car would have it's own address. But the problem I'm getting is, with just the power car on the track, it starts up fine, directional lights fine, but upon driving away, at whatever speed setting it stays at that speed even when dial returned to zero. I'm using railmaster 1.72 at the moment, to get used to things, but I cant find any resolution as to why the engine wont stop. Only by switching off the whole system will the sound & engine stop. CV for acceleration and deceleration (sorry forgot cv numbers) are set to 15. Whst else can I do please? Thanks in advance.

I don't have the manual on me right at this moment but I remember their being a mention to this sort of problem - make sure the decoder is utlising stanard dcc control rather than the optional notching.

See manual supplied with TTS Decoder for more info...

@Model_geek,

I draw your attention to an answer I gave earlier today to another question. My answer might possibly be applicable to your issue too.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/slow-speed-class-66-when-under-rm-control/?p=1

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

I don't have the manual on me right at this moment but I remember their being a mention to this sort of problem - make sure the decoder is utlising stanard dcc control rather than the optional notching.

See manual supplied with TTS Decoder for more info...

I have read the TTS manual and cannot find any reference to changing from ‘optional’ notching to standard DCC control. Please explain more or point me to a paragraph number.

Notching is the normal way a diesel sound progression works. You throttle up and it automatically notches up. You throttle back and it notches down. The cut-in/cut-out range points are adjustable via TTW CVs.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but id like to jump on this post, I am having exacy the same issue and would love to see it resolved! Well this is 1 of many issues with this class 43 TTS chips i am now on my 3 set of twin packs and don't really want to send anymore back to he shop.

I'm using an NCE pro cab,

• I apply the throttle and class 43 power car moves off... then after a few seconds I lose all control of the loco and all functions, only way to stop is emergency stop.

• the other issue is it can be parked stationary then at random time shoots off at the speed of light!
  • the dummy car.. starts up and the sounds work fine, I can play all sounds stationary, lights work as they should... apply throttle when dragged behind the power car and I lose the lights and sounds at random points around the layout on the dummy.

track and wheel are clean :(

both set to the same address 4303 and have attempted several cv 8 resets and tried on default 3 with no luck

Really starting to pull me hair

out 

Two things to check.

Firstly, if your NCE Procab supports it, check CV29 to ensure that 'DC Operation' is disabled in your TTS decoders.

Need assistance with understanding CV29 .... then look at the link below:

http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

Secondly, make absolutely sure that any and all connections to your track do not have any DC Analogue suppression capacitors across the track rails. This will definitely be the case if you are using Hornby DC Analogue R602, R8206 or R8201 track power connector products. Open the product covers [see image below] and cut out any capacitors that you find, you don't need them on DCC.

Both these things I am suggesting you check are known and proven things that adversely affect Hornby TTS decoders.

/media/tinymce_upload/a3fc9a9d1b362f4b6eb491bc68278a4f.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply, no dc compression as it's a single loop with no points or accessorie, only droppers from the track onto the bus which goes straight to NCE power source.

i have turned off DC running in program mode but will double check cv29 thank you.  I presume cv29 should stop the unexpected take offs but would this also resolve the loss of control of the power car and losing sound, lights and functions on the dummy?

Thank you for the quick reply, no dc compression as it's a single loop with no points or accessorie, only droppers from the track onto the bus which goes straight to NCE power source.

i have turned off DC running in program mode but will double check cv29 thank you.  I presume cv29 should stop the unexpected take offs but would this also resolve the loss of control of the power car and losing sound, lights and functions on the dummy?

Also check if you can turn off support for loco zero (DC running) at the controller as well as in each loco decoder.

A little more info please . . .

Are these Valenta or MTU engined HST TTS sets. Can you read the value of CV7 - decoder ID.

Is the loco DCC Ready or is the installation a hard wired retro fit to say a ring-field or can motored variant.

What,  if known, is the revison stte of your NCE controller.