Upgrading Railroad Tornado

Ads040

Hi all - I'm look to add etched nameplates, builders plate transfers and paint up some of the details on a railroad Peppercorn Tornado. 

I can't find the etched plates and builders plate transfer though. Anyone seen them please?

A bit of patience and Google are your friends here.

Fox Transfers are one of several who produce transfers and etched nameplates - I'm 100% certain they'll have 60163 Tornado.

Check out the colours you require.

Remember there are several different scales, so when entering one of these sites, ensure you select 'OO' not 'N', or 'O'.

OO scale is also known as 4mm / ft (1:76.2 I think).  Effectively every measured 4mm on a model is equivalent to 1 foot on a full scale item.

Al.

Thanks Atom3624 that was really helpful. I was looking on some sites but not Fox Transfers who do have it. 

Im wondering if my googling isn't working for the builders plate because I've got the name wrong. It's the oval plaque with doncaster etc on. Would you call it that?

Your terminology is correct. The shed plate originated with the LMSR and was extended to all regions under BR. It was an oval, cast plate carried on the base of the smokebox door, indicated where the loco was based, and often changed multiple times throughout its working life. The builder's plate can be oval or square and shows where and by whom the loco was manufactured. Railtec and Fox Transfers do them for some locos. I've found Fox very amenable to adding special request items to their product listings.   

Well I said I'd let you know if it was a gold mine and while that might be hard to argue either way, I think Fox sensed or knew what I was after from what I ordered and got it spot on! I say that because I'm not convinced I ordered the right things but they came through perfectly in a really timely way. Will be heading back.