DCC Select

Canford West

Hi all I hope someone can help me I've just purchased a new Select and 2 new Farrish Prairies with the chips, they worked great in the shop but will not run when I got them home and went to runthem with my Select. I have followed the instructions to reset them up (in the shop they use Gauge Master) but all I keep getting is the redlight bleeping 8 times not 7 like the manual says should happen. Can anyone help me get them running?

Thanks

Mal

As your Select is new we can assume the latest revision state - the number 20 or 16 will show at start up then 30 then 03 tellin us it is ready for use with address 3. If not take it back to the shop you bought it from and get them to send it to Hornby for an update at their cost.

Did the shop give the locos new address numbers and if so were they within the range 1 to 59 as this is the Select loco address range.

Often when a loco is addressed by one controller it may not be recognised by another controller. If so just readdress it on the Select by long pressing Select, see LA on screen, input your chosen address between 1 and 59 avoiding 3 which is the default factory address a new decoder has. Press Select again and try it.

If this fails reset the decoder by writing value 8 to CV8 (most decoders use this but check your paperwork), then see if it responds to address 3 before giving it a new address as above.

If none of that works come back telling exactly what key strokes you have done with what result.