Harry Potter Platform & Building Dimensions

FishyDelishy

I'm interested in some of the Harry Potter Hogsmeade accessories but am concerned they won't fit in my layout design.

Does anyone have the following items and could tell me the dimensions once assembled?  I don't seem to be able to find this anywhere online.

Once the R7230 Station Building, R7232 Booking Hall and R7231 General Office are all assembled and placed together, what is the total length of the platform and how deep are the buildings from the platform?

Also how long is the R7238 Platform Pack, does it match the length of the platform from the other three items?

Thanks!

Hi FishyDelishy

That's a good question as there is no footprint data with the descriptions,and it would be an expensive mistake if it doesn't fit where you want to put it and you can't put it anywhere else

Having looked at it I am wondering if the platforms on the buildings can be extended or if it is just a fixed length and that's it.

My Hogwarts Express has been made up to five coaches like in the movies

regards John

Hi Buz

Yes it would be an expensive mistake and my layout design would be tight on space.

Having looked at this

the camera pans from Kings Cross that uses what I think are regular size platform pieces to Hogsmeade.

If you look at this Kings Cross and Hogsmeade screenshots my conclusions are:

1. They are not the same size pieces as regular platforms
  2. The separate platform is not the same length as the combined ones that come with the buildings.

So, does anyone have these and can get the tape measure out??

Hi FishyDelishy, I was was intrigued by your post as I have just started my Christmas layout build which is going to be based on . . . Goathland/Hogsmeade. I had purchased all the parts above and measured them for the project. Measurements attached for your pleasure. I also have this on AutoCAD for baseboard dimensions.

/media/tinymce_upload/9f6fdd73ecdfe3210b7d03c1a2c22c4a.jpg

I disliked the resin platform pieces with a vengeance, badly fitting IMHO, and threw them away and cut up some "normal" plastic platforms to fit Hogsmeade instead. There's no rule that says you have to use the included platforms and they at least do match the height of "normal" platform sections. You could always make your own using third party card/plastic kits too.However I didn't lay the buildings out as per "prototype" as I wanted them on a curved section of platform. I don't count rivets either.

I went and measured my one. The station building plus the other two buildings measure 15 inches (approx 38 cm) if you add the platform  it is 17 inches (approx 43 cm). Using the standard setup for Hogwarts station the booking office etc exit past the end of the platform. I modeled Goathand station so I also have the coal drop and the rest, but if you have these you have to worry the way it sits (I had to lower just the coal drop section of my baseboard). I like the platform it comes with, I just wish they did separate pieces to finish it off, in my case it needs to be much longer  (I know they do the additional platform pack). The issue is the moulded in ramp which makes the platform too short, so in my case I would have to saw it off. I am also looking at making a platform, sadly I doubt it will look as good as the one Hornby supply.

Thanks peter_stiles, ColinB and EricJ for the info.  I think the three buildings together should fit in the corner space I have available.  Would probably end up making a platform, especially as it seems the one that comes with the buildings isn't long enough to stand the foot bridge on.