Model Railway Timetables

keithp1707821843

Hi LC&DR

Looking at the general state of the layout and the warped gaurds van roof and less than modern detail.

I am wondering if this is the genuine Awdrey (spelling) Ffarquhar Rd layout

It certainly looks like it might be even if it isn't.

regards John

Hi Buz,

I don't think it is the Reverend's layout, which I saw at Westminster Hall back in the 60s,  the carriages look too crude, and there were some more recent wagons in the goods train. But it is certainly a DIY set up on Peco track, Toby could be a K's kit J70.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but following on from my ideas for a more realistic railway in terms of use, I found some information about 'waybills', and more realistic operations. There is a lot of info on the internet and quite a few videos, but it has provided some more ideas. Now I can get back in the garage - I am finishing the layout and starting to run trains again. Last year I created a timetable, which was fun, but bore no resemblance to real train operations. My layout is based in 1959, so is steam. Anyhow the point of the thread, I thought I would have a go at some more interesting operational waybill type running. Creating a days service using freight systems with proper cards for start and finish, etc. So I wondered has anyone else got a system or tried this sort of thing before?

This is the video that got me thinking -

Keith