Couplings incompatability

Ard Lochan

I have just purchased a West Coast Pullman set, Power, dummy and two coaches, These have fixed medium width fixed couplins, Not NEM, To make up a decent size rake I bought a pair of the same livery coaches. The coaches i bought have the nem narrow articulated couplings that are totally incompatable with the others causing constant deraiments. What is the best way to fix this problem?, I have considered gluing the articulated couplings and the fitting the with medium width couplings. Why they do this is really very annoying, Any ideas welcome, Regards, Ard

All becomes a little clearer now, The loco I purchased came in a box marked R3808 and I purchased it on those grounds, However after a fair bit of searching the web it appears that the loco and DVT are from the R2949 set.

While they look similar there are some differences and the coupling are the medium fixed ones.

The two coaches that I purchased from the same seller were in R4938 and R4938A boxes but they acctually were R4373 and R4374A, The two further coaches I purchased were R4938B and R4938C that explains why the couplings are differeent. I await the sellers responce......,..