Moved Thread MR (Micro Compatibility)

Andy P.

Hello. We've been using an old Micro Scalextric 1:64 - Alfa Romeo Pro Street Speed. It's pretty used. Not sure how we work out what is compatible with this set - will any micro scalextric track/ cars work or only older versions, how do we know? If we just go with a brand new set what do people recommend?

Hi Bonnaf - welcome to the forum!

Your Micro Scalextric Alfa Romeo set was produced in 2011 - that makes it compatible with any Micro Scalextric product that was manufactured between 1996 and 2018. The cars from the 1994-6 Scalextric Micro MR1 era will also work - and there is a converter piece that connects MR1 track with your Micro Scalextric set, if you should ever need it. There's a great site with most of the 1994 to 2014 sets and cars here: http://www.microscalextric.wickedlemon.co.uk/

In 2019, Scalextric released a brand new Micro and My First Scalextric system which is totally different and totally incompatible with the earlier versions. In my opinion, the new system is much better quality - and the Scalextric team did an excellent job. Here is a complete list of all the new 'Second Generation' Micro Scalextric products available...

2019 sets G1150 - My First Scalextric G1140 - My First Scalextric Looney Tunes (Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny) G1143 - Micro Scalextric Justice League (Superman vs Batman) G1142 - Micro Scalextric Wacky Races (Mean Machine vs Turbo Terrific) G1149 - Micro Scalextric Law Enforcer Aldi exclusive - Micro Scalextric City Collision Lidl exclusive - Micro Scalextric Rocket Raiders Lidl exclusive - Micro Scalextric Arctic Assault

2019 & 2020 individual cars G2164 - Looney Tunes Road Runner car G2165 - Looney Tunes Wile E. Coyote car G2166 - Wacky Races Penelope Pitstop car G2167 - Justice League Superman car G2168 - Justice League Wonder Woman car G2169 - Justic League The Flash car

2020 sets G1141 - My First Scalextric Looney Tunes Battery Powered Set (Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny) G1151 - Micro Scalextric Justice League Batman vs Superman (Battery powered) - US exclusive G1154 - My First Scalextric (Battery powered) G1155 - Micro Scalextric Batman vs Joker (Battery powered) G1160 - Micro Scalextric Ryan's Police Chase (Battery powered) G1161 - Micro Scalextric James Bond - No Time To Die (Battery powered)

There are also four Micro Scalextric accessory packs in the 2020 Scalextric catalogue:

G8043 - Micro Scalextric Mains Powered Track Piece (UK only) G8045 - Micro Scalextric Track Extension Pack - Straights & Curves G8046 - Micro Scalextric Track Extension Pack - Stunt Loop G8047 - Micro Scalextric Spare Guide Pack (8 guides and braids, plus one screw)

Although the new cars will run on the old track system, they will be very fast. The new system runs at 9 volts, the old one at 18 volts.

I hope that helps!

Hi Bonnaf - welcome to the forum!

Your Micro Scalextric Alfa Romeo set was produced in 2011 - that makes it compatible with any Micro Scalextric product that was manufactured between 1996 and 2018. The cars from the 1994-6 Scalextric Micro MR1 era will also work - and there is a converter piece that connects MR1 track with your Micro Scalextric set, if you should ever need it. There's a great site with most of the 1994 to 2014 sets and cars here: http://www.microscalextric.wickedlemon.co.uk/

In 2019, Scalextric released a brand new Micro and My First Scalextric system which is totally different and totally incompatible with the earlier versions. In my opinion, the new system is much better quality - and the Scalextric team did an excellent job. Here is a complete list of all the new 'Second Generation' Micro Scalextric products available...

2019 sets

G1150 - My First Scalextric

G1140 - My First Scalextric Looney Tunes (Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny)

G1143 - Micro Scalextric Justice League (Superman vs Batman)

G1142 - Micro Scalextric Wacky Races (Mean Machine vs Turbo Terrific)

G1149 - Micro Scalextric Law Enforcer

Aldi exclusive - Micro Scalextric City Collision

Lidl exclusive - Micro Scalextric Rocket Raiders

Lidl exclusive - Micro Scalextric Arctic Assault

2019 & 2020 individual cars

G2164 - Looney Tunes Road Runner car

G2165 - Looney Tunes Wile E. Coyote car

G2166 - Wacky Races Penelope Pitstop car

G2167 - Justice League Superman car

G2168 - Justice League Wonder Woman car

G2169 - Justic League The Flash car

2020 sets

G1141 - My First Scalextric Looney Tunes Battery Powered Set (Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny)

G1151 - Micro Scalextric Justice League Batman vs Superman (Battery powered) - US exclusive

G1154 - My First Scalextric (Battery powered)

G1155 - Micro Scalextric Batman vs Joker (Battery powered)

G1160 - Micro Scalextric Ryan's Police Chase (Battery powered)

G1161 - Micro Scalextric James Bond - No Time To Die (Battery powered)

There are also four Micro Scalextric accessory packs in the 2020 Scalextric catalogue:

G8043 - Micro Scalextric Mains Powered Track Piece (UK only)

G8045 - Micro Scalextric Track Extension Pack - Straights & Curves

G8046 - Micro Scalextric Track Extension Pack - Stunt Loop

G8047 - Micro Scalextric Spare Guide Pack (8 guides and braids, plus one screw)

Although the new cars will run on the old track system, they will be very fast and the motors

I hope that helps!