Its been a long time!

Cwmiss

Many moons ago (since retirement), I dismantled the old layout and set about converting all my old locos to dcc - did all except the 3 split chassis locos! I had bought a few sound locos including the Hornby Clun Castle. Have started to put together a new layout but I cant remember what functions were available with Clun Castle. If anyone could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated. Also, can the Horny Elite controller utilise several functions at the same time?
thanks!

...can the Hornby Elite controller utilise several functions at the same time?

The Elite can either operate a Function as a momentary action 'Long Press'.

OR

The Elite can lock a Function 'ON' with a 'Short Press'

So yes, you can have many functions, theoretically all 28, operated at the same time.

Note this though, sounds that play only once [horn or whistle for example] will not play again if they were 'Locked On' with a 'Short Press' the first time. A second 'Short Press' needs to be used to turn the Function 'OFF' before it can be operated a second time.

What you can't do, is send one single Function command to operate a block of multiple Functions. There is no 'MACRO' function in the Elite. There is however a 'MACRO' function in Hornby RailMaster controller software.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum. TIPs include 'How to post images' and 'How to make links clickable'.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

What functions are available will depend upon which decoder is installed and if any additional ‘accessories’ such as firebox glow or running lamps have been added.

As Chris says Elite can simultaneously,operate all functions but can the decoder do the same - that is the question.

By using function mapping you should be able to play 8 sounds on a locksound 4 which I believe the clun had fitted .you may have to download the loksound decoder via there own website.

The sound functions are :-

F1 sound on off.             F6 Acceleration/Brake.     F11 Wheel Flange Screech

F2 whistle long.              F7 Coal shovelling.            F12 Rail Clank.

F3 coupling                     F8 Blow out

F4. Whistle short.           F9 Valve.

F5 injector.                       F10 Whistle Short #2

I have a Bachmann Patriot fitted with a Loksound V4 decoder and I managed to get 7 sounds to play simultaneously...........conversely, the Hornby TTS decoder can only play 2.  The clue is in the title i.e....TTS = Twin Track Sound.........you gets what ya pays for..........HB

ps...........using the Elite