Stuttering on start with tts but not with non-tts

Will Hay

Hmm, so I've just had a Class 37 tts delivered, which is faulty so will be returned.

I noticed that the vitrains I fitted it to stutters on start and slow down, and is fine once up to speed.

I assumed as a resultbof the faulty chip but having tried my vitrains class 47 it does exactly the same wirh a different tts chip and, when I remove the tts chip and put a standard, non-sound hornby decoder in the stutter disappears.

Yes exactly, I normally change the connector to 21 pin, I don't use adapters as they usually foul the roof ( I think class 66 is the only one where is doesn't). Some of my models do have the expensive ones and yes they are good but even though I complain about them, TTS decoders are really good value for money. With a decent speaker they sound OK. On the Hattons class 66 you have to fit the expensive ones to get all the light functions.

If you read the TTS leaflet it used to say motor algorithm 2 (i.e. CV150 value = 1) was specifically for Baccy locos, now it says it is a linear curve suited to some Lenz decoders. Algorithm 1 is a non linear curve more suited to Hornby R8249 and similar decoders, hence TTS.