Hornby Railways Catenary

Wagonwheels

I was convinced that if I ever wanted to use my Triang catenary designed for Super 4 I would just have to buy some Super 4 track, which I did. I ignored the strange white catenary masts mixed in with the green ones in the box of bits I bought as I had no idea how to use them and they didn't look half as good as the Triang stuff.

Now I have discovered (by chance) how to attach those funny white mast bases (Hornby Railway) to my Series 6 track and the green Triang masts slot happily into thsee bases, result! Well sort of....

Apart from finding more Hornby Railway bases (or Triang Series 6 bases of which I have none) I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of an instruction leaflet for the Hornby Railway OH system if one exists To expand my knowledge base. I've plenty of information on Triang & Triang-Hornby systems before they ceased production around 1971.

Many Thanks

Hornby R 290 plain track, and R 291 points and crossings, Overhead Power Supply System.

The sets came with an instruction booklet.

/media/tinymce_upload/f403938ae26dafa3a716f3bce4a68370.JPG

As well as the "Claw" type clips, the standard System 6 and current Hornby clip fit clips (but not the fencing clips) for the loading gauge, etc. should also take the green overhead supports, as well as the white / cream ones.

There is some good information and photos here...Page 2 for the later system...

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/31494/?p=1