Warranty claims from Hornby

Engine shed 1

Hi I have contacted Hornby via email about 2 weeks ago in regards a warranty claim to get a broken carriage replacement that is less than a year old the clip that holds the bogie onto carriage has broken I have received a standard receved email saying thay have got my email but nothing else from them is this normal length of time for Hornby or is it normally less time for a response thanks for any advice 

I suspect limited numbers of Covid lockdown staff focusing on answering the phones with little time emphasis to deal with emails. I suggest you are better off ringing them.

Thanks for the quick response. I did try that at first but the chap that I spoke to told me to email and Inc some photos witch is what I have done how ever didn't give Covid and less staff a thought thanks for that as that could well be the reason however I will try to give them another call and see were I get though worth a try 

When I have returned my TTS decoders under warranty it takes at least a week to get a return number, sometimes at the moment even longer. They do get round to it eventually. I must admit in my case, I am happy that they were going to fix/replace them. Just lately though, once you have the return number and have sent it to Hornby their turnround time is quite fast.

• 1 month later...

I suggest you send them an email to thank them, if you have not already done so.

They don't tend to see a remark hidden in a Forum thread, which is a shame considering it is an appreciation of good customer service.