Handheld Activation fails

So I built a new computer and it all runs fine.

I deactivated Railmaster on my old machine and it reverted back to an evaluation version.

All going well until I install Railmaster on my new machine.

Activation goes well and the Propack is installed fine. Everything functions as it should UNTIL I try and get my iPad connected. I connect as normal using the app on the iPad and Railmaster pops up the screen that informs me that the device attempting to connect is not activated. This is OK as it was deactivated (supposedly) on my old PC. I click on the thumb to enter the key and it allows me to fill out the form to activate. Click on the tick and that produces a message of 'You must enter a valid email address' - which I have put in twice ! 

What's going on with the software ? 

Now sent a message to support hoping they can figure it out.

I have recently gone through this exact process myself (on an Android, not an iPad).

I struggled to get it to work at first but after a few tries I succeeded.  The email address you need to enter, is the one where you received your original activation code and obviously is has to be letter perfect.

I have recently gone through this exact process myself (on an Android, not an iPad).

I struggled to get it to work at first but after a few tries I succeeded.  The email address you need to enter, is the one where you received your original activation code and obviously is has to be letter perfect.

I did input the exact same email address that I've used for the last 25 years!

It's the bit that tells me I didn't deactivate the software on my old computer that bugs me as I obviuosly did or I wouldn't be able to get it reactivated on my new one ! The software programming is obviously broken.

Extract from the RM manual page 131 which states that the HH keys have to be deactivated separately. This needs to be done before deactivating the main RM application.

/media/tinymce_upload/ba467fe9f5ffac5c525368069228cf2c.jpg

Bit late now Chris,

Once you've deactivated the main RM you can't go anywhere.

My main point of the post is that the screens to get a reset do not function!

I put the exact same email address in as when I registered RM and purchased the Pro Pack and handheld upgrades. Keeps telling me to enter a valid email address. Badly written software that allows half a program to be deactivated. The software that deactivates RM should be written to automatically deactivate all the associated software. Why would you only want to deactivate half of your purchased software and leave the rest unusable? There's not a word about deactivating the Handheld licence in the handheld guide !

As part of the process to get mine working, I did actually re-activate the 3 software elements back on the old machine.  I then removed the Handheld software first.  If I remember correctly, you do not have to de-activate Pro Pack as it comes off when you de-activate the main program.

Thanks for all the comments. I might have a go at doing that and reinstall it all on old PC.

You summed it up when you said 'you don't have to deactivate the Pro pack' because it deactivates with RM!

The handheld should do the same.

I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks RDS - all sorted now - re-installed on old PC and then followed procedure to deactivate handheld etc...all up and running on new PC now.

I still maintain the handheld should deactivate along with the RM and Pro Pack