Body securing screw

mike aaron

Hi with I hope you're all keeping safe and well, I've just purchased from ebay a fairly new Evening Star body shell, the one with fitted hand rails. It's now fitted to my older version Evening Star chassis but alas the old body securing pin, s1067 I beleave, is to large for the new body shell. Could some one tell me the thread plus diameter and its replacement number of the pin I require. I've googled a search but I'm afraid I might be looking at an older version pin which I know are to large a diameter wise. So fingers crossed some one can guide me into which body securing pin I require, kind regards Mike.

By the body carrying the Margate moulding number, I am assuming the loco is tender driven.  The body fixing screw was contained in 'small parts' pack X8870 (service sheet 254), not being offered separately.  This pack may now be hard to find.  As to the specification of the screw, you will have to wait for an owner of a loco to provide that information although I can say it will have a metric thread.