Elite losing usb connection.

Peter-590663

I have an Elite all working ok. Then randomly it loses the usb connection and I have to reconnect again. Frustrating when you have sound running on several engines. I run the RM software but prefer Big Bear (sorry Hornby) but the same problem persists. I also have an e-link which has no connection problems. I am suspecting there is a hardware issue with the Elite. Running windows 10 all firmware up to date. Anyone come across this problem.

When using eLink or Elite. There are different railmaster.ini file entries needed for the Elite that are different to the eLink.

Since your eLink works fine, then maybe your railmaster.ini file entries are optimised for the eLink and not the Elite.

I suggest you open the 'railmaster.ini' file editor [bluish COG icon in the bottom left of the RailMaster 'Help' screen].

Look for these two lines:

• Check controller=x

• Alternative comms=x

Where x is a 0 or a 1

I would expect that for the eLink x will = 1 in both lines.

I would try making x = 0 for both lines using an Elite.

Save the edit, close and reopen RailMaster and test again.

PS - I also strongly advise that the following line is set to =0

Reset eLink on start=x

I have one Elite that has comms issues with RM. I spent ages trying to get it to work, even contacting HRMS for advice, then I spotted a label I had previously put on the box saying it had RM comms problems.

I swapped it for a known good Elite and all was well.

It may be your Elite actually has a comms problem, if the above advice doesn’t work for you.

Hi I checked the ini files check controller was 0 and alternative comms was also 0. However the the elink on start was x which I changed to 0. The baud rate I changed when I switched from the elink to the elite. It’s now 19200 as opposed to 115200. Let’s see how it goes. Many thanks for your help I will keep you posted.

How do you download ver 1.74