A12010 8th AF B-17G & Re-supply Set

Ratch

42-38206 “Thundermug”, 364th Bomb Squadron, 305th Bombardment Group, RAF Chelveston, 1 March to 12 December 1944, when it was battle damaged over Mersberg. It force landed in Allied occupied territory and was scrapped.

forum_image_6112eeac786bd.png.e04361dfc8816e5bcd926c9edee214ec.png

forum_image_6112eeae7bb9a.png.20a19691f8e5f06bd9b612f65e85aade.png

forum_image_6112eeb02b90f.png.69041a20730f002a745767c5a987c081.png

• 2 years later...

Having just purchased the Re-Supply Set and currently working on the B-17, I thought I’d see who else may have already built this, and so here I am 😊

I did the same for the B-17 but oddly I don’t recall anything coming up, but guess my kit is different so am assuming I’m not duplicating too much 😉

One question about your B-17 … why is one wing camouflaged and the other base metal? Never seen that before 🤔

And what surprises me about the Re-Supply kit is the lack of figures. I do have a few separate USAAF Airfix figures left over from a previous project but don’t understand why the RAF set gets them but not this. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Tour de Airfix

2 hours ago, Tour de Airfix said:

Having just purchased the Re-Supply Set and currently working on the B-17, I thought I’d see who else may have already built this, and so here I am 😊

I did the same for the B-17 but oddly I don’t recall anything coming up, but guess my kit is different so am assuming I’m not duplicating too much 😉

One question about your B-17 … why is one wing camouflaged and the other base metal? Never seen that before 🤔

And what surprises me about the Re-Supply kit is the lack of figures. I do have a few separate USAAF Airfix figures left over from a previous project but don’t understand why the RAF set gets them but not this. 🤷‍♂️

The NMF wing was a replacement after battle damage.

Airfix no longer have a figure sculptor, hence the lack of new figures 😥

• Thanks 1