New Mosquito

Tweezers

I'm hoping they'll learn something, and there'll be fewer "silly" and avoidable mistakes in future.

You must remember that the designers probably are not experts on the given subject but are expert designers. What may seem like a silly error to someone with knowledge about specific subjects will go unnoticed by the vast majority.

I'd love to know if there's anybody out there that could honestly claim to have never had a bad at the office, or never made a silly mistake in their working life. As it says in the New Testament, 'let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone'.

Well what an interesting thread this has turned out to be even though the theme was the restricted variant that could be made from the new mosquito. Thus for those who want a ‘normal’ mosquito we have to, unnecessarily, spend extra on after-market adaption kits.

I stress ‘unnecessarily because the list of earlier Airfix kits that catered for two or more variants is too long to list. Though the Airfix P-61 Black Widow does deserve a mention. The inclusion/omission of a gun Coppola determining the variant.

Leaving restricted choices to one side, I noticed that the Kent Battle of Britain Museum, Hawkinge had several of the new mosquito in stock in their gift shop.

Well what an interesting thread this has turned out to be even though the theme was the restricted variant that could be made from the new mosquito. Thus for those who want a ‘normal’ mosquito we have to, unnecessarily, spend extra on after-market adaption kits.

I stress ‘unnecessarily because the list of earlier Airfix kits that catered for two or more variants is too long to list. Though the Airfix P-61 Black Widow does deserve a mention. The inclusion/omission of a gun Coppola determining the variant.

Leaving restricted choices to one side, I noticed that the Kent Battle of Britain Museum, Hawkinge had several of the new mosquito in stock in their gift shop.

I believe boxings for other variants are planned (PRXVI and TT35 for instance). This seems to be in line with other recent releases from Airfix, the Lancaster, Wellington, Whitley, Beaufighter, Blenheim have all had "offshoot" new boxings from the original release.