Rovex Hornby R1251M Princess Royal Class Princess Elizabeth

Shorty1707822079

Hi,

This DCC ready loco is eagerly awaiting a new chip and loud speaker.

I have been reading on some of the posts on this forum that the 28mm speaker supplied will not fit satisfactory in the recess and shorts out against the wheels of the tender.

I am new to this hobby, and would appreciate advice regarding what type of DDC/ Sound pcb to purchase, where best to get it and will the speaker fit.

This model was bought for me by my best friend on my 70th birthday and is quite a beauty so I don't want to mess this installation by having to force parts in.

Thank you in advance,

Kind reagrds, John.

Hi John and welcome to the Forum. Someone should be along soon to answer your question but in the meantime would you please check the message below.

@John

Moderator Note:

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there is definitely more than one member with your name.

Yes there is he possibility of the speaker rim fouling on the tender wheels. I cured mine with a simple gasket to lift the speaker clear.

forum_image_610bd65945f8d.thumb.png.057f4e53ef7ac298bea0de5991ebf45d.png

TTS is designed to fit your tender and if necessary the standard speaker can be replaced with an aftermarket type, many are available in the 8-ohm impedance required.

TTS is your cheapest option but if you desire wheel to chuff synch then you will have to pay much more for a high end sound decoder, circa £100 plus speaker.