Pendolino pcb board

CM1707822547

A Train Fair is likely to be your best bet and pickup a second hand one.

What is the R Model Number because I think that this topic may be better in the General Discussion section of the Forum because even if it is DCC fitted, the main PCB should be common with a DC version.

Is the board in the powered or non-powered driving car, and was the unit supplied DCC-ready or DCC-fitted ?

DCC-ready powered car part is X9728

DCC-ready non-powered car - X9729

DCC-fitted powered car - X9715

DCC-fitted non-powered car - X9707

All are in stock at Peters Spares and probably other part suppliers.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. I am in Toronto and there are no stores/shops here that trade in British stock.

There is a Great British Train Show which is organized by the Platelayers group every two years but with Covid it has been two years since the last one.

While there might be a couple of dealers none would have this part.

the other thing is the cost of postage is outrageous , just look at what they charge on EBay to send the smallest item here.

I need to look to see if the part is for the motorized or dummy carriage.

thanks.

Mod note: I have removed your re-quote of RDS's moderator note as obviously it wasn't relevant to your reply above. As a new Hornby forum member you may have been used to other forums having a reply button in the post. This Hornby forum doesn't work that way. To reply to any post, just scroll down and write your reply in the 'Reply Text Box' at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Post Reply' button. The 'Blue button with white arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button.

A Train Fair is likely to be your best bet and pickup a second hand one.
What is the R Model Number because I think that this topic may be better in the General Discussion section of the Forum because even if it is DCC fitted, the main PCB should be common with a DC version.

Part of the problem is I am not clear on what the R number is.

A Pendo with a factory fit decoder will have a 7-pin decoder - Fig 6. A DCC-Ready Pendo (ie has a socket for you to fit your own decoder) will have the 8-pin socket - Fig 7. Just by comparing your model with this grab from the maintenance sheet will confirm which of those part numbers listed by GS you will need.

forum_image_612737e4ad596.thumb.png.5bf1d3ff48c63cc0d3deb30872095362.png

• 4 months later...