Is hornby still making the harry potter and the half blood prince train set?

HPFAN101

Just wondering because I wanted to buy a hogwarts express that is DCC ready and has a light. I've wanted a hogwarts express like hornby has made, also please give ideas on building layouts.

Also, what is the best DCC steam locomotive decoder there

is? Please answer!

Can't see any on Amazon right now but they show up on eBay from time to time - they are not a current model and the later version with light and 5-pole motor is not as common as the earlier one without light.

You can find a broken body with light at

the moment and new bodies non-light version also. Conversion from one version to the other is not the easiest. The smoke box door with hole for the light and the light itself are about all that's useful on the broken body. The rear post for connecting chassis

to body is broken so it can't be used easily to complete the loco, and the Hogwarts name board also seems to be missing from the smoke box.

Yes, I have the non-light version working at the moment and the light version parts I'm hoping to assemble and dispose

of maybe - not just locos, complete sets.

HPFAN, I think that this part of your question may have been lost in the Hogwarts Express part and you may be better off asking the question in a new thread.

I'm no sound expert, haven't dabbled there yet. However, I do know Hornby use Loksound decoders

and people seem to be happy with them. You might also Google DCC Concepts in Perth as they do sound too. Also, while you should have no problem getting a sound file for a Castle Class, I doubt you'll get anywhere with anything specific to the Hogwarts.

And,

to fit a sound decoder, the speaker will have to go in the tender as there is no romm in the loco at all, only just enough room to get a decoder in. Running a wire link back to the loco shouldn't be a problem as tender and loco are permanently attached once

assembled.

Archived