Power input sockets for Hornby analogue controllers

Seacommander

No, except the new HM6xxxx APP based DC Analogue controllers which use the 6.3mm connector.

But as far as the older Hornby Analogue controllers are cocerned, then no, they do not use the 6.3mm connector.

Some of the Scalextric kit uses the same 15v PSU, so another possible source.

If you just need a replacement socket then ask Hornby or even Lendons, who are a warranty repair centre and likely will have scrap controllers to rob from.

• 2 weeks later...

A double success. Yourspares:

https://www.yourspares.co.uk/Search.aspx?search_keywords=Plastic+DC+Power+Chassis+Socket+-+F341EA%09YS119258%09&source=header

including free postage

and following another line of contact including Simon Kohler of recent TV fame, Hornby supplied a brand new socket FOC. So in the end Hornby turned up trumps and of course get a big thank you from me.

Not surprised most of my electrical components I tend to have to get from China as well as all my small screws. I have just got thrown of the RMWEB site for making a comment as to why don't we make more stuff in the UK, so I will leave it that. Surprisingly the post wasn't abusive, perhaps the Admin guy is having a bad day. Usually the issue with UK suppliers is you have to buy 20, or they have a minimum order charge. Good you got some.