Help with pendolino tts

Ian -1217698

• 1 month later...

My Pendolino is running an MTU sound chip, I have the Valencia in my Class 43 HST.

I much prefer the MTU [R8120 I believe] but some would find this setup horrifying as I suspect it's not strictly correct.

My setup is over one hundred and twenty-five square feet, the wrong sound chip here and there is the least of my problems.

Wait until the purists hear that I have a Class 47 sound chip in each of my Class 37's 😄

I'm unable to comment as to whether I'm satisfied with either of the Hornby sound chips but I am permitted to say that for the price, when compared to alternatives on the market, they're good value if you're using a hornby controller, which I most certainly do not.

Mod note: Your comment above and your other post this morning seems to infer that you think you are not allowed to raise concerns about Hornby product reliability and quality. Absolutely not the case, as long as you keep your comments related to the Hornby product failings. You will find lots of posts raising such issues, if you look. What is frowned upon and in breach of Hornby forum rules, is to make statements like "Don't buy this rubbish Hornby XXXXXX, I strongly recommend product YYYYYY made by ZZZZZZ. There is a distinct difference between being Hornby critical and aggressively promoting a competitive product.

You know what, it was a recommendation by someone I got to know online and it has never once dawned on me it's for the Class 43, which is of course diesel.

It doesn't sound anything like the Class 66, 50, 47 etc. chips I have and I also thought it quite complimentary 😄😄😄