Track and Car Design Recommendations

Matt-1231696

Hello

so this Xmas Me and my mate Dave have been invited to spend Xmas at Petes house, and he is buying his son a Scalextric.

As such dave and I want to buy a couple of cars and extra track to be compatible with Petes original choice.

Ideally I’m looking for any recommendations for awesome track design and car combos. I realise digital is now in the mix and I’m not sure how that plays so I h e some questions and would really appreciate any expertise and guidance.

context: :

should I recommend any basic kit to Pete to start with ie: go digital now and or recommend an extensible initial purchAse?

any suggestions?

ideally Pete would buy a kit, then save and I would each buy a car and some track extension. As such this needs to connect together and ideally be able to form an awesome track shape.

any combo track recommendations would be appreciated.

finally is there any way to make a car faster than the others a come Xmas day I want to beat them all! 😂 any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have many happy memories of scalextric, I am hoping that this gift will provide the same to Petes son. As such

thanks in advance and apologies for my total ignorance.

Pretty much everything you asked about is handled here:

https://uk.scalextric.com/community/advice?support_advice_type=all&page=1

I can also recommend the official Scalextric Youtube Channel where a lot of tips have been shared:

https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialScalextric

Personally I would get set that includes ARC AIR as the cordless controls are great for kids and allows you to sit around the layout where cars fly off most.

I would not go hog wild on many cars. Kids will be happy with 2-4 cars to chose from. The high resistance cars usually can take crashes better.

Digital's big advantage is getting up to 6 cars at one time but it is a higher investment...