R30125 W1 British Railways

Rob William

The 2022 catalogue mock up for the rebuilt W1 in early BRITISH RAILWAYS garter blue livery appears to show the cabside numbers as being true Gill Sans type with a “straight” six in the same BR standard size as the tender lettering. My research indicates that whilst in this early BR livery the prototype had larger (12”) cabside numbers and the distinctive “curly” six which was applied by Doncaster works during the early part of 1948 before standardisation of BR liveries.

Does anybody know any different, and if not will Hornby ensure that the numbering is correct on the production model?

Why don't you write to Hornby with your observations and concerns. Hornby do not read your posts, and I doubt that the membership can answer your "will it be corrected" question as written.

Why don't you write to Hornby with your observations and concerns. Hornby do not read your posts, and I doubt that the membership can answer your "will it be corrected" question as written.

This is the authors first post.

As a moderator, is it not within the realms of possibility to consider that the author doesn't know that Hornby are unlikely to comment and that, as a moderator and ergo an individual acting on behalf of Hornby, that you could be a little more welcoming?

@tvr after that disaster Hornby improved their act. I received the BR rebuilt W1 from Hornby and was very well packed, bubble wrap + the whole lot wrapped in foam rubber.. It came via DPD, so better delivery firm. The only issue was it got delivered at 7:08 in the morning and the post that tells you, was probably even earlier that morning before I got up (I had checked the night before).