SR 6 Wheel Coach Renumbering

M. Matthews

I now have a full rake of the southern 4/6 wheel coaches but looking to add a second rake.

Could anybody point me in the right direction for some suitable waterslide transfers for numbers and obliteration patches to renumber them.

I've checked the usual sites but not sure what would actually work.

Thanks!

As a quick note when adding transfers. You are probably well advised to replace the entire number rather than just one numeral (as printed transfers can be slightly different.

I would also recommend varnishing them afterwards to prevent them from falling or wearing off. If doing this you might only need to varnish the panel that the number is located in. However, you will be lucky to match the sheen of the coach exactly but this might not be noticeable if the panel is small.

Alternatively these coaches can be stripped down to remove the glazing so you could spray the whole body with a clear varnish (I prefer a matt or a satin). However, be aware that the end of the end of the brake coaches with windows is actually a clear piece of plastic and uses paint to represent the wooden parts of the end. It took me anout half an hour to realise this when i was doing a repaint!

As a result, you will need to mask the windows if spraying varnish. This could also be significant if you are trying to remove the old set numbers on the end of the coaches. I would therefore advise that you over paint the individual numbers with a matching paint rather than trying to remove the old numbers.

I hope this is helpful.