Wiring from guide to motor - part number

Potrail2378

Hi, I have a couple of Scalextric 'Start' sets, C 1251 and C 1271. I have looked at service sheet No. 459, but still have a question.

What is the part number for the two wires and the connectors? Are they connected to the motor C 8146, are they connected to the guide plate C 8312, or are they a separate item not listed?

I have enclosed a picture of what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks in advance 👍 forum_image_61f67c2974749.thumb.png.a28e5cd8f0d199c2a2ca128442d92a14.png

If you look at the service sheet:

https://support.scalextric.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360016427799-SS-459-Start-Endurance-Cars

In the lower left hand corner of the picture you see the guide blade and the "shoes" that slide on the side of the guide blade to make contact with the braids (between the number 6 and 7 on the diagram).

In this video they are called "metal plates":

It looks like in your case someone has removed them from the end of the wires. :-(

Luckily all cars with the quick change braid disc have the same "shoes" or plates so if you can find a broken car you can cut the wires and replace them (resolder them) to your wires.

If you are handy you can also fabricate them fairly easily.

I would maybe contact Hornby though. Spare wires with shoes can be put in an envelope and be sent worldwide fairly easily.