Cannot remove body from chassis on my new flying scotsman.

Tony1707822780

Please, can anyone help. I've got a recently bought present of a Flying Scotsman set and I want to convert it to DCC but I just cannot get the body off of the chassis.

I've removed all visible screws but it will not separate from the chassis.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?. As a retired electrical engineer I'm pretty embarrassed with this request!

If it the same as the the R2617 Ladas A3 that I have been rebuilding it has one screw at the front. Now here comes the issue, the motor is a tight fit into the body so you have to pull it forward slightly to remove the back tang on the chassis from its slot in the body. Then pull it out a little, then move the chassis back towards the cab. It should then come out. Alternatively just wriggle it about a bit and pull. If you look at underneath of the body there is a bit that sticks out into the boiler area this is what stops it coming out. Also check you don't have a speedo attached, if you do you need to disconnect it. Putting the chassis back in is equally as difficult, make sure you tie all the wires down to stop them getting trapped. No embarrassment, these things are just awkward to get out, better to ask than damage something.