R8247 Decoder Operation with Older Style Point Motors. (Post title revised and post moved)

badgers

Hi back for some more help, my layout is struggling, have old type point type motors, and old type points, all work fine with old type switches, but when I tried to use a R8247 decoder in the system, problems and had to return to old system, can this be that the new system decoders will not work with them, would be pleased if anyone can help

Mod note: Post edited to combine two separate but related Badger's posts into one question.

Additional Mod note : post title amended and post moved to DCC section

The R8247 is DCC Digital Accessory Decoder and can only be used with a Digital DCC controller such as for example the Hornby Elite, Select and eLink [RM] controllers. The R8247 can not do anything at all "stand alone". They need the DCC controllers to function.

The HM6010 is a DC Analogue Accessory Controller, it does a similar task to the R8247, but is only controllable [at present] using the HM DC APP software that is loaded onto an Android or Apple IOS mobile / tablet device.

So, although the two products are similar in function they are not using compatible technology to operate them.

I do have an Elite controller which is what I use and also the one previous to it but neither will work the old type points. but have now gone back to working the old type points with, with the Hornby switch system, the Elite works my remodelled chip engines, but I will use the decoders for lights and such, but thanks for your help.

So basically, what you are saying is that this question has got absolutely nothing to do with Hornby's HM DC Analogue [HM6010] controller system. It is in fact a DCC R8247 question relating to supporting the point motors that precede the current R8014 and R8243 point motors. Your reference to Hornby Switch system being the manual switching system using switches like the R044 passing contact switch.

If this is the case, then this thread should have been published in the Hornby DCC forum and not this one which is reserved for HM6000 product questions and not generic DC.