Hornby Wrexham and Shropshire R2951 will not run on DCC

Ard Lochan

This loco will run perfectly well on DC, With a decoder fitted it will not run at all. I have tried four different makers decoders, all to no avail. All program on the programming track and I have verified that they have all programmed correctly using tha decoder tester. Current draw on DC is .4 amps on start up. My chemo brain tells me it must be the PCB but I can`t think why. I would be gratefull to receive any input, Thanks, Neil.

As no one is answering I suppose we have to assume no one has this model in any name.

I do seem to remember the 67 had some PCB problems but searching this forum fails to turn it up.

I have the schematic for it but due to my NDA with Hornby cannot post it on the forum. It is not a simple circuit with the odd resistor or two, there are back to back zenners, opto isolators, a voltage regulator and mosfets.

I would do the obvious checks, a visual on the socket, both sides of the PCB for obvious tracking and basic pin to pin checks for continuity where there should be some or not where there shouldn’t be.