Another Playtrains Question.

Potterton

I bought my nephew a Flash Train set for Christmas, (he LOVES it), and for his forthcoming birthday I've bought some track packs to expand the oval and a Bolt goods set. As this doesn't come with a remote control I'll be buying another one. Do all the Playtrains operate on the same frequency? If so, this is going to cause me a bit of a headache.

Presumably it came with instructions which would tell of expansion and running multiple trains.

Looking at the product pages, Flash comes with a yellow controller and Bolt a red controller which is also available as a separate product - Solo Controller. The blurb talks to an A/B switch for running multiple trains.

Thank you both for your replies.

I haven't actually seen the train in action apart from via videos sent to me. I live in Devon, nephew lives in Preston, but I'm going to see him at the end of the month when I'll take the Bolt set up for his birthday. Meantime, I'll get a red controller as it says on the Bolt box that it is sold separately. (Part number R7330.)

Thanks again.

Might I make a suggestion on better thread title practice to improve your answers in future - saying you have a question tells us little, 90% of topics here are questions. Instead, summarise what your question actually is. This is more likely to attract members who know the answer and also allows for others to find the same info in future when searching the forums for it.

So what would my thread title have been? Controllers for Multiple Playtrains Locos.