Elite function fault

KenTheFox

Can you answer a few questions before we attempt to give you a firm answer.

1. What is the firmware revision of your Elite.
  2. Itemise all of the keys strokes prior to the fault. E.g Loco - input address - click speed knob (which one) - Function (which screen range 0-10, 11-20, or 21-28) - input F number - click ??
  3. Does this happen with a particular function or any function and/or with a single loco or any loco.
  4. If a particular loco, what is that decoder make-model. If any loco can you repeat the fault on address 3 after a reboot or without the unit connected to the layout.

You could try a unit reset if you do not mind losing any named locos or accessories and your favourites listings.

Having cranked up my Elite I can confirm that there is no fault.

What you have done is invoke Sapphire fuel replenishment.

Pressing the Function button takes you sequentially through the F0-F10 screen, then F11-F20 screen, then F21-F28 screen, then this screen which is the fuel burn status. Presently Off for loco 3.

forum_image_625418e8012ea.thumb.png.e178736bdff89e63ee4ea9b1565f9327.png

Now if you press the On/Off button you will see this screen with the red led on and the green led flashing as it tops up the Sapphire to the values set in the associated CVs.

forum_image_625418ef671dc.thumb.png.83d01150767c5af029e3b119cdc40bbe.png

Read the Famous Manuals (Elite and Sapphire) for details of the associated CVs (if interested) and to see these screens in sequence. I don’t have a Sapphire on track set up for fuel burn so I get the XXX fuel level instead.

In this mode Railcom is turned on automatically so the Sapphire can report back the depleting fuel levels to the Elite screen. At empty the loco will stop and if fitted flash its lights.

Press On/Off again to replenish as required, then cycle back through the Function screens as required.