Turntable R070 DCC conversion where 3 income tracks to turntable from main layout plus one siding

Mick1707822781

Hi In sorry to post what is probably the 3000th post about dcc turntables but I have watched loads of you tube videos and looked at loads of posts and am still no wiser. I have converted the turntable motor to dcc as per hornby website and removed the brass plates and the turntable turns fine by dcc . All guidance ive seens seems to assume one track coming into the turntable and several isolated tracks out to park engines. My layout has 3 linescoming in from various parts of the layout and one siding to park a train (one of my lines does go to a 4 bay engine shed but is still connected to other parts of the layout.). (Would add picture but not sure how to). So i have power feeds to all 4 tracks but with the train sitting on the turntable it seems to be shorting in numerous places when it touches the track, presumably as rhe polarity is changinf as it moves around. I havent done anything with the power feed to the turntable track other than to connect my dcc bus to the two brass connectors on the top). So first question is can/how do i sort things out so the turntable can move all around and the train move on or off it without shorting? (Did see commwnts about reverse loop? But not sure if this will work in this scenario)

Second problem is that the train when moving in from the line onto the turntable does get stuck as well (not sure if this is due to gap between tge tracks or angle of tracks of what) so any advice on this also gratefully received

thanks

@Mick

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

Hi Michael, without wishing to sound pedantic, it is not possible to have 3 inlet tracks as the TT only has one. What you have is 1 inlet and 2 outlets which connect back to the layout and are subject to phase reversal as the TT rotates.

Then I’d suggest you replace those brass fingers at each end of the bridge.

Note to Rob - someone should really ask Hornby to stop sending that less-than-best-practice advice with the TT. Or if they don’t, they should provide a free brass finger replacement service to people who have followed their advice and binned the fingers, then found how to do it better, especially those with more than one layout connection to the TT.

PS. The highlighting was done by Hornby to tell me the OP’s username currently is a banned word, hence my spelling it in full.