Resetting R8247

hawksdown

Apologies if there is an old thread somewhere, I have what I think is a corrupt R8247. I have tried the reset via CV8, but still returning a read of 6629 / 25500 etc

I read somewhere that there may be a link on pro pack decoder screen I can,t see it. Further advice would be appreciated I can't find a solution from the Pdf sheet except CV 8 reset,

Railmaster Pro with E link

Railmaster Pro has a link in the LOCO decoder screen to factory reset a locomotive decoder. I am not aware of any similar reset function in RM Pro to reset the R8247 Accessory Decoder, which is probably why you can't find it. A R8247 reset feature is not listed anywhere in the RM manual that I can find. Others who use Pro might know differently.

You say you have tried a CV8 reset, but have not described your method of doing it. So.....

Go to the Railmaster FAQ index (top of Railmaster forum ) and read FAQ5 (written by the late Chrissaf) which includes a description regarding how to factory reset a R8247 using RM standard edition. The described method will also be applicable to the Pro edition. Note that the information in FAQ5 also mentions FAQ3 for additional R8247 resetting guidance.

If this documented process does not reset your R8247, then I suggest that your R8247 is fatally corrupted and beyond repair.

Thanks PA for your reply

Yes, I have tried resetting with CV 8 from the loco screen, but will check again today that I followed the description in FAQ 5, but I fear you would correct in saying it is fatally corrupted.

It was working fine until I was having problems with one of two motors on port 7,

I do have an old R8216 which I think is dead but may try and reset that, difficulty there is you cannot read the settings

Thanks again

I would ignore the read-back values and just reprogram it in RM as usual to the port address you need. The port numbers will confirm as it happens. You will have to do this anyhow as a reset, if successful, will put the addresses back to Group 1, ports 1-4.

If your points work OK until you select port one of that R8247 it is indicative of flutter failure and not permanently recoverable.