TTS - Have Hornby stopped Production?

anthony-1223785

@anthony

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

I think they make them in batches, 96RAF says that they are working on a new one, so perhaps that is the reason. I suppose we could use the normal excuse that it is due to the worldwide shortage of integrated circuits but I notice other firms products are coming back on line, notably Zimo, so that is a bit of a lame excuse.

As Colin says they will need a new version of their sound decoder to support the new steam generator models as the old TTS decoder does not have an output to trigger the steam chuffs. Given the forecast date for these new steamers is way off then presumably the old TTS range will soldier on.