Help fitting DCC chip to R3703 Peckett

KL1707822813

Hello!

Hoping for some advice as I can't fit a DCC chip to my R3703 Peckett because of two components (capacitor?) sticking out and blocking the slot for the chip. See the photos:forum_image_6342889f33e83.thumb.png.3e912cbefc2e596d61c38a55c6229218.png

forum_image_634288a87259e.thumb.png.9d88c722e833993f8cfe9b2aca67e342.png

I think from the leaflet that came with the engine that they should be pointing straight up and flush with the motor casing.

Any ideas about what I can do? Would they bend into the position they are meant to be in?

Suggest that you delete the many duplicates you have posted and edit your pictures to show them in the correct orientation.

You obviously did not notice the flag that tells you your post contained images and had been sent for approval.

You may also wish to read this guide which tells you how to best use the forum including choosing a unique nickname...

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/important-information-for-new-members-registering-for-the-forum-updated-10th-september-2022-309399?ccm_paging_p=1#end-of-replies

Sorry about the multiple posts. I clicked the post button and nothing happened at my end and it was only after doing a control click that the message popped up that it had been sent to a moderator. A fault in either my web browser or the forum setup.

Mod note - use the three dot context menu to delete each duplicate post.

Thanks, that might give me just enough room. What about the small dark oblong piece that the capacitor is attached to?

That is a ferrite bead, part of the RF suppression tuning circuit. RF suppression is taken care of by the decoder so it can all be removed.

In slot car circles that collection of components is known as ferrite man. . .

forum_image_6342c8b30aee4.thumb.png.004a2f10d199df005973921e26e213f9.png