I'm excited about my 3 orders...

JJ73

Hiya...

I have got 3 orders coming my way & just thinking about it - it is getting me excited - so I thought I'd share it with you folks...

Which 1 shall I start with... decision decisions...

er No. 1. I went to WD Models in Chesterfield (My Lovely Local Model Shop) & ordered the Newer HUSH HUSH R3979 (The 1 with the double blast pipe & a few more lamps / lamps irons on the front apparently!!!) Should get it soon hopefully 🙂

R3979 LNER, Class W1 'Hush Hush', 1935 (Double Blast Pipe), 4-6-4, 10000 - Era 3 (hornby.com)

No 2. R1284M Tri-Ang-Railways Remembered RS48 The Victorian Train Set - I ordered it on the 11/01/2022 & just got an email today (13/20/2022!!!) saying is "prepared for dispatch." Should get it soon hopefully 🙂

R1284M Tri-ang Railways Remembered: RS48 The Victorian Train Set (hornby.com)

No. 3. From Sam's Trains - as Hornby done the Cola bottle on the Lomac - Sam decided to do a Pumkin on a small flatbed wagon which he 3D Printed on his own 3D Printer!!! 1st email said "Estimated delivery 17-24 Oct" then 2nd email said "Estimated delivery: Oct 15-19" this is from Etsy / Royal Mail!!! 

What do you think / any thoughts & what have you got on order??? 🤔🚂

I do like having things on pre-order, but not from Hornby direct. The time frame in which they release things is terrible and if I have three trains equalling almost £1k set to come out any time in a two year time frame, it means having to set aside money for such a long time without knowing when it will release.

i have just made my second pre order ever, a TT FS set. Previous one, many years ago was Hornby P2 TTS. Unlike many on here, i detest this system. The old school, ( i am 79 ), wants to have the item, the day i decide to spend the money. When i was buying new cars, and caravans, i would only buy them, if i could take them, immediately. I would tow in my caravan, choose a new one, and tow it away, and same with cars. How times have changed in last 30 years, and Not, for the better. My son, has a motability car. He chose the new one, 10 months ago, and it arrived, last week. Its a bit like buying from the old club books, where you bought, unseen, on a picture. Nobody holds stocks of anything. Here , in france, tis no better. Everything you want, is EN Command. For me, the excitement has gone, if you cant buy it , and take it with you.. An age thing, perhaps, although, speaking to my son, in Austin, Texas, last night, he is, exactly the same, aged 52. If i cant have it At once Dad, he said, i will go elsewhere.

I know it annoys me, perhaps that is why I have a downer on Hornby, why print a catalogue with it in, if you know you can't deliver it for two to 3 years. Bachmann of late have taken to not announcing new models unless they are due in a couple of months. I know in the car industry Ford lost a lot of sales to the Japanese years ago because the delivery on a Ford was up to 3 to 6 months whereas you could take the Japanese car home immediately. Model Railways is really weird in this respect the manufacturer doesn't even start designing the product until it has enough orders. I suppose it saves them putting design effort into something that won't sell but there again a lot of people buy things when they get released because they like the look of the model. I have bought many models that I probably would never have bought after watching a review by Sam. I would never have bought a Deltic, but after a really good review by Sam I bought one, I was also very lucky in that Rails had a couple left over.

I’ve just put in my first and only ever pre-order. For years I’ve been waiting for a Southern Electrostar but when Hornby announced the Southern 4vep, it helped to scratch an itch! Expected at the back end of 2023, I decided to pre-order, not because I’m worried about stock, but because others have said the pre-order price is honoured? I don’t honestly expect this model before 2025 so I don’t know what it would cost then.

Either way I’ll try and forget about it and hopefully it’ll be a happy surprise when it arrives. I don’t think it’ll sell all that well so I just hope that it doesn’t get dropped!

@ David_Watts1 - Well I spoke Alan's wife just over a week ago when I was in the shop - I don't think he is doing well - I think that they are just doing day by day 😐

@ Everyone else - I now got 2 out of the 3 above orders - The 'Punkin Mobile Wagon' & the R1284M 'Tri-Ang-Railways Remembered RS48 The Victorian Train Set' which both came early today (15/10/2022)!!!

& Now I'm just waiting for my 3rd 'Hush-hush"!!! 🚂

P.s. oh of nearly forgot to say - of course - I'll be doing a Review of them - so watch out for those 2 in the next 3 or 4 days or so!!! 🙂